How to make a kickass Intercom Dashboard with Datadeck

In this tutorial I will show how make a fully automated Intercom dashboard. It will be customizable to your needs and wishes. You’ll be learning a few things in this How-to:

• Fetching data (from Intercom) with Zapier
  • Storing data from any type of data source in Datadeck
  • Quick chart creation
  • Customizing cards

OK, let’s get started!

1. Decide what data from Intercom you need and want to visualize.
    We created a bunch of pre-made Zaps you can select straight from the Datadeck interface. To give you an idea what type of Intercom.
  2. In this sample I would like to import the following data:
    – New users (sign ups)
    – New tickets
    – Closed tickets
    Feel free to select your own data variables to customize your dashboard to your needs.
  3. Log in to Datadeck and Create a new Dashboard
  4. Hit the Create button to create a new card
  5. Select Zapier as a data source
  6. A small pop-up will apear and ask you if you’d like to select a current table or create a new one. In our case we Add a new table
  7. Now locate the original source, in this case Intercom, you can use search or scroll trough the list, select the first connection to make, in my case. New user in Intercom
  8. Datadeck will show you your API Key in this step, if you already made a connection with Zapier you can skip copying it. If this is your first connection; make sure to copy it… you’ll need it later.
  9. Hit Make a zap
  10. We will load the Zapier website with the preloaded Zap we need. Click Create this Zap
  11. Click Next
  12. Select your Intercom account or add a new account
  13. In the following steps Zapier will test your account by pulling some sample data. Click next and test connection. After that click Continue to proceed
  14. Now it will connect and Zapier wants to push your data to the new table you just created in Datadeck. Select Create Data Row and hit Continue
  15. Select your account if it is already connected, if this is your first Zap add a new account and make sure you paste that API Key you copied in step 8. After that click Save and continue
  16. Zapier will show you the table you created in Datadeck, just double check and confirm
  17. Click sent test to Datadeck
  18. After that we are ready to use the data in Datadeck. Click Finish
  19. Make sure to Turn on the zap
  20. OK, now it’s time to go back to Datadeck
  21. Double check in your Data manager if you can see the newly created Zapier-Intercom-Datadeck connection like this

1. Repeat steps 4 - 21 for all the data sets and variables you need for your dashboard

1. I repeated steps 4- 21 for the 3 main variables I want to use for this Intercom Dashboard
  2. in this final part we will create the charts and cards we need to create Intercom Dashboard
  3. Go to your new dashboard and click Create new card
  4. Select your new created Zapier connection
  5. Select the dropdown and select the new table and click Confirm
  6. The card editor will open and it will show all the variables that this new table comes along with
  7. Now make the cards you need
  8. This is what I created to give our company a quick overview of our new signups, tickets and how many we closed this week. Also I added a table to show the topics of our the last tickets.

Let me know if this was helpful, suggestions are welcome.
Enjoy this Zapier integration and I hope this will help you to see the endless possibilities with data!

Absoluly kicking ass and absolutely love it!