for me commenting doesn’t really matter if that would be on changes of data or static data. I would like to use notes like a post it to point out for example an important insight like this:
1. Post-its (Sticky notes)
Imagine the “Polar bear facts” poster is the dashboard, I want to be able to use sticky notes to show what is happening or is important and share those insights with my team members.
2. Collaborate on comments
To show what I mean with this I use the Google Doc sample
- Select a dashboard or widget
- Click comments
- and simply type a message - save
- the widget with a comment gets a special icon so users can see there is a comment or discussion going on specific data results
- click the widget and join the discussion --> just like in the image.
- it’s like chatting around your data
3. Build a dashboard together
This is not 100% related to commenting on dashboards or data, but if I could build a dashboard together with a team member we would be able to find out insights together… making comments redundant. And by building something together again, have a look at making a Slide deck or Doc in Google for example.
I hope this helps to get some ideas of what Datadeck collaboration and comments could look like in the near future.